Sunday
June 20 2021
9:16 AM
banner-icon1 banner-icon2 banner-icon3

HEART STORIES



Previous story Couple shocked as there expensive glass TV stand shatters and nearly kills their dog Next story
Published on May 28, 2021 5:18 AM

by Oregon Herald Staff
 
Couple wakes to a loud bang in the night to find their TV stand had broken, almost injuring their Chihuahua Coco Daniel Halawi and Rachael Fisher thought a bomb had gone off in their living room after the tempered table exploded.
 
Couple shocked as there expensive glass TV stand shatters and nearly kills their dog
ROMFORD, Essex - In East London, a couples' brand new expensive television console was damaged and the glass shards nearly injured their pet Chihuahua Coco.

Daniel and his fiancee Rachael, are now warning other people against buying glass furniture after the horror incident. A couple were left shocked and frightened after their glass television stand shattered in the middle of the night, nearly injuring their pet Chihuahua.

Daniel Halawi and Rachael Fisher, of Romford, Essex, said they heard a loud noise that sounded like a bomb exploding in their living room, according to The Sun.

Halawi, 37, who works as an administrator, said: "My partner and I were going to bed last week when we heard this almighty crash.

"It really looked like a bomb had hit it. It was really lucky that we weren't in there or our pet dog whose bed is right next to it.

"Our smart heater means that it's always at the same temperature so it wasn't that, and we had had it for years with no issues so we don't know why it happened.

"I never knew that this was a thing, and I was relieved that the TV was okay but more importantly that me and my girlfriend were ok.

"It's incredibly dangerous and could have really hurt one of us or even killed our little dog." He had bought the glass stand online over a year ago and not had any problems with it.

The couple's smart heater is always set to the same temperature, so that could not have caused the glass to break.

He said: "It's incredibly dangerous and could have really hurt one of us or even killed our little dog."

Luckily the couple and their dog were away from the TV, and the set itself was damaged but not broken.

Halawi vowed to never buy glass furniture again, and urged others to do the same. He is planning to get rid of his glass dining room table.