June 15 2021
6:46 AM
banner-icon1 banner-icon2 banner-icon3

Local Oregon News

Local News Index

Previous story Port Orchard Pastor Charged With Raping 12-Year-Old Girl Next story

Story by Aubra Salt - The Oregon Herald
Published on Saturday February 19, 2011 - 9:25 AM
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
32-year-old Pastor Dirk P. Jackson was arrested Wednesday morning at his home in Port Orchard, charged with two counts of second-degree child rape.

On November 19, 2010, a woman claimed Jackson had repeatedly sexually assaulted her between 2002 and 2003 when she was 12 and 13-years-old and when Jackson was 19 to 21 years-old. She was a student in Jackson's sixth-grade class at Manchester Christian Academy.

The woman said the sexual abuse occured while she and Jackson were in the classroom as other children played outside during recess or when the other children were away in another rooms. She said there were numerous occasions in which Jackson had inappropriately touched her, and at least two times that she had performed oral sex on the Pastor.

She said she decided to report the charges to authorities when she saw Jackson at the First Baptist Church on Sidney Avenue in Port Orchard.

"We're pretty shocked", said head Pastor Jamie Greening. "Whether these charges are true or not, we don't know. We'd like the truth to come out, but nothing about these charges is consistent with the man we've known for eight years."

Jackson first began work at First Baptist Church in October 2003, working with kids in youth programs.

The woman making the accusations said she decided to report Jackson because she felt the abuse she suffered had an "extreme negative impact on her life" and with her ability to have healthy relationships.

Police say Jackson admitted to the woman he had sexually touched her when she was a girl, to having had sexual relations with her then, and having her peform oran sex on him while they were in her classroom. He admited this after he sent a request to the woman on Facebook to be friends, and after several recorded phone calls he made to the woman. During a call, Jackson stated several times that he was sorry about what he had done to the woman when she was girl, and worried what would happen with his marriage and children, and worried about going to prison.

Police later spoke to Jackson and informed him they had copies of recorded conversations and his admissions, and were therefore aware of the assaults.