Monday
June 14 2021
2:04 PM
banner-icon1 banner-icon2 banner-icon3

Local Oregon News

Local News Index


Previous story McMinnville fraternity house blown off foundation Next story


Story by Sandy Kromeir - The Oregon Herald
Published on Friday January 7, 2011 - 9:01 AM
 
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
McMINNVILLE, Oregon - A propane explosion at a Linfield College fraternity house dislodged doors and windows and blew one corner of the building off its foundation.

No one was inside the Pi Kappa Alpha house at the time of the blast on Thursday and now the building has been declared unsafe to occupy.

Aparently a propane heater was being used in the basement of the building, which was being renovated. Propane leaked from loose connections on a hose and ignited.