Report on Fires Near Salem
Story by by Oregon Herald staff
Be aware that the following conditions persist within fire impacted areas and plan accordingly.
- Gates Hill Road remains closed.
- Numerous fire damaged trees remain near roadways and properties. These trees may fall at any time. Remain vigilant and be prepared to deal with downed trees on the road.
- Watch out for falling rocks and debris in the roadway.
- Do not approach downed power lines.
- Drive slowly! Be watchful for personnel working in the roadway as road cleanup and utility repairs are still ongoing.
- Keep a safe distance from septic tanks and other buried structures that may have been damaged in the fire.
- All county parks located within the fire zone are closed.
- Comply with roadway signs and instructions provided by road crews, utility workers and law enforcement.
Refer to Marion County's website at http://www.co.marion.or.us/fire for additional information about returning to fire impacted areas.
Current evacuation areas at 5 p.m., September 21st, 2020:
Level 3 – "Go"
North Fork Road east of Pioneer Road SE.
Hwy 22 east of Mile Post 32.5
Level 2 – "Be Set"
Hwy 22 from Mile Post 16.5 to Mile Post 32.5
Fernridge Rd west of Shellburg Creek Rd to Basil Hill
Crooked Finger Rd S of Hazelnut Ridge Rd
North Fork Road to Pioneer Road, including Kubin Road SE
Pioneer Road SE to Hwy 22, including Hudel Road SE and Taylor Park Road
Level 1 – "Ready"
Areas east of Meridian Road, Davis Creek, and Victor Point south to the Marion County line