|Two infant girls die in eastern Oregon fire|
Story by Sandy Kromeir - The Oregon Herald
|Published on Wednesday February 2, 2011 - 8:54 AM|
The mobile home fire broke out in a back bedroom Tuesday morning.
A former resident, Judy Divens, driving past the neighborhood, saw black smoke and joined an unidentified man to help rescue but were unable to get access before the flames kept them from getting inside the home.
The father of the girls, Hermillo Castillas, was at work and a sick teen in the home escaped. A fire marshal said combustibles far too close to a space heater likely caused the fire