Oregon is no stranger to high-quality cannabis—consider some of the legendary strains bred there, like DJ Short’s Blueberry and Archive’s Do-Si-Dos. But which strains are most commonly sought after? To answer that, we took a look at Leafly search trends to find out which varieties people are looking for in Oregon. You’ll find both legends and some new heavy-hitters.
1. Blue Dream The most popular strain in virtually every market, Blue Dream is a cross of Blueberry and Haze. You know and love it for its sweet, berry-loaded flavor and relaxed euphoria perfect for lollygagging.
2. Durban Poison Durban Poison is a landrace strain that’s extremely popular in Oregon (in part, thanks to TJ’s Organics, who produces some straight-up fire Durban). If you’re looking for a classic strain with lively effects, this is the strain to check out.
3. Jack Herer Jack Herer is an upbeat strain bred from Haze, Northern Lights #5, and Shiva Skunk. Expect spicy flavors and a cerebral boost that many consumers pair with creative hobbies or physical activity.
4. Purple Punch Purple Punch is a cross of Larry OG and Granddaddy Purple that deserves its flowers, pun intended. These beautiful purple, frosty buds deliver a grape candy flavor and a relaxing experience that any consumer can appreciate after a long day.
5. Sour Diesel Sour Diesel is a classic strain widely known and loved for its sour, fuel-packed aroma and uplifting effects. Many seek Sour Diesel for its invigorating effects, so if you’re planning on going for a bike ride or hike, this may be the strain for you.
6. Original Glue Original Glue is a popular strain across Oregon and for good reason: Its bag appeal and potency are both out of this world. Formerly known as GG4, this strain is a great choice for ending your night on the couch with a movie or catching a sunset from the nearest rooftop
7. GSC GSC is a potent strain that’ll punch you right in the face with a heavy dose of euphoria and full-body relaxation. Popular in Oregon and far beyond, GSC has breathed life into countless Cookie crosses like Do-Si-Dos, Cookies and Cream, and Orange Cookies.
8. Wedding Cake Wedding Cake. It’s sweet, it’s potent, and it’s surging in popularity across all markets. A cross of GSC and Cherry Pie, this potent strain may leave you stuck on the couch with dessert on your mind.
9. Granddaddy Purple Granddaddy Purple is a calming strain created by crossing Purple Urkle and Big Bud. It has beautiful purple buds that kick out berry and grape aromas that’ll please any seeker of fruity strains. Love a strong body high that comes with dreamy vibes? Apparently Oregon does.
10. OG Kush Rounding out the most popular strains in Oregon is OG Kush, a legendary plant that has given life to many other potent staples like Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG. It’s loved all over the world, so there’s really no surprise that this funky, skunky hybrid is among the most searched strains in the Beaver State. Read full story
|Search stories and images relating to this Oregon news story.|
|IMAGE SEARCH||LAST 24 HOURS||LAST 7 DAYS||ALL TIME|
|STORY SEARCH||LAST 24 HOURS||LAST 7 DAYS||ALL TIME|