0  0
Page width:
Beaverton's Water Supply Meets or Exceeds State and Federal Standards
by Oregon State Media, Inc.
  Sunday May 1, 2016 - 9:08 AM
 
BEAVERTON, Oregon -- The City of Beaverton's water supply meets or exceeds state and federal standards, according to the new 2016 City of Beaverton Water Quality Report--also known as the Consumer Confidence Report--which is now available online. 


This annual report, required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Oregon Health Authority, provides important information about the source and quality of local water. The report is based on monitoring data from 2015. 


The city supplies water to approximately 70,000 Beaverton residents, about 74 percent of the city's population. The remaining 26 percent are supplied water by Tualatin Valley Water District, Raleigh Water District, or the West Slope Water District. A detailed map showing water service providers is available atwww.BeavertonOregon.gov/WaterServiceMap. 


The water quality report is available online at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/CCR. For a translated version or more information, call the water quality report hotline at 503-350-4017. Contact Shelley Searle atssearle@BeavertonOregon.gov to request a free copy by mail. Paper copies are also available at The Beaverton Building, Beaverton City Library main and branch locations, and the public works department. 


ABOUT BEAVERTON 
Beaverton is a welcoming and responsible city that enjoys one of the most diverse populations in Oregon. In 2015, Beaverton was recognized as one of the safest cities in the Pacific Northwest (according to CQ Press with cities more than 75,000). Recently, the city's award-winning finance department received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award as well as the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. In 2012, the city was awarded the Mayors' Climate Protection Award from the U.S. Conference of Mayors. It was named one of the best places to raise kids by BusinessWeek magazine. The city was named one of the top 25 Suburbs for Retirement by Forbes.com and one of the 100 Best Walking Cities in America by Prevention magazine. The city also received the Recycler of the Year award from the Association of Oregon Recyclers, named a Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation, received a Silver Award Bicycle Friendly Community designation by the League of American Bicyclists, and recognized as one of the Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Communities. Lastly, the city's nationally acclaimed visioning program was named Public Involvement Project of the Year--Best Planning Project by the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) Cascade Chapter and also received the prestigious 3CMA Award of Excellence. 


For more information, reminders and community news, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov. Also follow Beaverton on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/CityofBeaverton, or Twitter at www.twitter.com/CityofBeaverton.