Monday
April 24 2017
4:01 PM
0  0
Page width:
Fire in Battle Ground Apartment
by Sandra Blodget - The Oregon Herald
Published on Thursday March 10, 2016    12:44 PM     
 
BATTLE GROUND, Washington - At 9:00 this morning, a fire broke out at 318 SW 15th Ave, in Battle Ground. Fire District 3 responded with 4 fire engines and 11 personnel to find alarms sounding. Residents evacuated from the apartment complex that was filled with smoke. A fire sprinkler was set off in the laundry area of the apartment.

The fire was contained to the laundry area primarily due to the fire sprinkler system. Although there was extensive water on the floor the majority of the residences belongings were saved due to the properly working fire sprinkler system.

There was one cat rescued from the apartment and no injuries to residents or firefighters. The Clark County Fire Marshall's office preliminary investigation shows a possible faulty dryer.