April 26 2018
9:36 PM
Page width:
Oregon boy hospitalized after eating pot cookie
By John Knicely KIRO - Seattle
  Friday February 19, 2016 - 5:41 PM
An 8-year-old Oregon boy spent five hours in the hospital after eating a marijuana cookie.

Jessica Hart said her son, Jackson, didn't feel well after an outing at a rock quarry near Klamath Falls, Oregon, on Saturday afternoon.

"I (saw) a wrapper that said "cookie.' I grabbed it, and it was heavy, and I looked inside, and it was a cookie, and I ate it, and it was not a good cookie," Jackson Hart told KBOI Monday. "I felt like I was vibrating up and down," said Jackson. "And that everything wasn't real." Jessica Hart said Jackson was clearly not right. "My son said he wasn't feeling very well and kind of (started) pulling at his face," Jessica Hart said. She took him to the hospital, where he was treated for marijuana poisoning and had his heart rate and pulse monitored. Jackson Hart was hospitalized for over 5 hours while doctors monitored his heart rate and pulse. His mother said the cookie had two doses for an adult, enough to hospitalize her son. Marijuana edibles come in all different forms, including liquids, cookies and candy, and they vary in potency. The most common symptoms reported to the poison center are drowsiness, lethargy and an abnormally fast heart rate. It is stressed that edibles are kept away from children. "Never eat a cookie that you find on the ground," Jackson Hart said.

Link to Story Source